Does the idea of a “Virtual Class” have you feeling more intimidated than seeing “Fran” programmed tomorrow? No worries, I’m here to help. I assure you Fran is worse.
I get it, we’re not all technology warriors. The good news? You don’t have to be a tech stud to join our virtual classes and keep fit.
This article will tell you EXACTLY what to do.
Connecting to our virtual classes is actually super easy.
- Setup a workout space in your house. We recommend approximately 8′ x 8′ with overhead clearance.
- Grab a phone, tablet, or computer with internet connection and log into TeamUp. Book on the class (10 MIN AHEAD OF TIME FOR YOUR FIRST CLASS!).
- The first time you join, you may have to download the Zoom app. It’ll do it automatically.
- Once it downloads, you are in! Just point the device towards you so it can see you and you can see it.
- If you need music, set up a speaker NOT connected to the device you are using to connect to our class.
- MAKE SURE THE AUDIO ON THE CONFERENCE DEVICE IS LOUDER THAN YOUR MUSIC SPEAKER SO YOU CAN HEAR US COMPLIMENT (OR CORRECT) YOUR SQUATS DURING CLASS.
SO WHAT’S THE BEST DEVICE SETUP?
I’ll answer your question with another question, “Are you a technology geek?”
We use the video conference technology, Zoom to host our classes over the next couple of weeks. All you need to know is that it will let our coaches see (and correct) you and let you see us (and your classmates).
So the obvious question…how do you connect?
OPTION 1 (GOOD) – THE EASIEST (YOUR SMARTPHONE)
The absolute easiest thing you can do is to use your phone and simply click on the class link. It’ll have you download the Zoom app, but then you just set up your phone so it can see you and you can see it and you are done!
PROS: Super easy setup.
CONS: Super small screen. We can see you fine…it’ll be tough to fully see us.
OPTION 2 (BETTER) – QUALITY MEETS CONVENIENCE
If you have a laptop or tablet with video capability, use it! That screen will be WAY bigger than your phone.
You’ll likely want to look at us. Not because we are pretty but because we will demo and coach some things for you. Just click the class link in TeamUp and you will be good to go.
PROS: Much larger screen than your phone.
CONS: A little bulkier than a phone.
OPTION 3 (BEST) – BEST QUALITY
If you want to be a virtual class boss, then connect your computer to a big ass TV or computer screen. Obviously that’ll require a space where you can fit one, but man it’ll be awesome.
Click the link we included earlier and watch the big screen come alive!
PROS: Super easy to see our demos and your friends/classmates.
CONS: Requires space and access to a larger screen…and some knowledge of how to connect a computer to a screen with an HDMI cable.
If after this article, you have no idea what to do, then just shoot us an email or hit us up on FB. Technophobia is not an acceptable reason to not miss out!
Nice to have: Air Pods (or wireless earphone)
These have been a game changer for the coaches as the mic’s and the lack of cords means we can coach and demonstrate as normal, without the restriction of being wired to our laptops. They’re brilliant when training too, as you’re not constantly straining/stopping to hear the coaches cues which a few have mentioned can be very frustrating.
Catch you in Class (virtually)